Sunday, November 8, 2015

                             Chicago PD - A Dead Kid, A Notebook and a lot of Maybe's - 3.7
                              
     This episode was hard for me. I hate TV shows that touch on the subjects of school violence, bully behavior and molestation. Not because I don't think they deserve to be talked about but because I get so angry. Anyway, I thought it was one of CPD's best episodes.
     In the beginning, I was sure it was another school shooting story but they switched it up and if  of us watching didn't suspect the coach from the very beginning, we need to turn in our TV viewer cards.  I say that because I didn't.
     I'm not sure how I feel about Alvin and MIchelle. For such a  strong cop, Alvin is coming off as pretty passive and weak. I don't like it. I understand she may be his daughter. Since he trashed the DNA test, it seems he's sure she is or doesn't care. He's claiming her. That's great but there really should have been more of a discussion with his other daughter. This could have been a strong family story. It still might happen.
     Atwater's sudden insecurity at the beginning of the episode was so out of nowhere for me, I didn't like it at all.  He seemed hesitant, almost stuttering in his attempt to talk to the Captain. I was disappointed. If it was just a set up to the end, it could have been done differently.
     AHHH. Burgess and Ruzek. I don't like them. I never have. I like Burgess on her own and I actually love her relationship with Roman. She and Ruzek bore me so much. If she has to pull childish tricks to see where his head is at, her head is not in the right place either. Be a woman. Flat out ask him what you want to know.
     This episode belonged to Halstead though. He was so good with Ethan. I teared up a few times. The kid broke my heart. I hate it. I hate to see it but CPD handled it really well. Halstead was patient, understanding and he didn't push the kid. He was just there for him. Giving him strength.

Grade - B+

Best Performance- Ethan. This young actor was really good for this story. I felt his pain. I wanted to find that coach myself.
Best Character - Halstead. He and Ethan played so well off of each other.
Best scene - The end scene of Ethan and Halstead. Ethan had hope again. That's all these kids need. Hope for better.
Most Fun scene  - Voight going all in on Coach Sanders. I kept waiting for him to explode but he held back. I wish he hadn't.
Most Surprising - Atwater gets a strange invite that turns out to be an in to Captain Whitikar and Chief Boden's poker game. Loved it.
Biggest You Need A Reality Check - Ethan's mother. There was someting so off with her, I though she may be involved. Sadly, she was just confused. Very odd acting or writing for her.
Biggest I Hope You Make Friends in Prison - Coach Sanders
Character I love to watch - Mouse. He is just fun and smart. When it counts, he is on it.
Best Unusual Interaction - Erin and Atwater. I like it. There should be more character interactions than what we have. It's a great ensemble that we should see more of.


Quotes:
Halstead - “I’ve known some heroes. But what you did, going public…it might just be the bravest thing I’ve ever seen.”
Captain Whitikar-"Atwater, you just made 2 mistakes. Our shared skin color is irrelevant to me. Good police is good police. Secondly, I get one half hour of peace each day by myself, which is breakfast. You have disturbed that."
Kirby: "It's initiation, it happens to everybody. But Ethan went nuts, he came after me with a fire extinguisher. I swear, he was trying to kill me.
Atwater: By extinguishing you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment