Thursday, October 15, 2015

                                                                                                                                   
                                                   Chicago Fire - 4.01 - Let it Burn


                                                   




                                                   Welcome back Chicago Fire!
     At the end of season 3, Casey was working a human trafficking case with CPD, leaving us with an ominous cliffhanger. Gabby found out she was pregnant and doing something completely opposite of any other TV show I've seen, she went to Matt's apartment, I assumed to tell him. What she found was a ransacked apartment and a dead body.
     At the start of the season 4, Casey is in trouble with Nesbitt and the goons who want a little black book.  In comes the small crossover with CPD. It's really ironic that Casey is beating Nesbitt only to have Voight pull him off and say "take it easy." It was just one of those moments that made me laugh. I know not every one does but I love when these shows cross over. It's like one big, dysfunctional family and I enjoy that.
   This episode was good for me because we have a continuing story, two new characters, Severide's new story (albeit redundant), crossovers, scenes at Molly's, which I love and there wasn't a lot of time wasted on unnecessary story with Otis, Mouch and Herman. 
     The episode seemed to fly by but it paved the way for a whole lot of story this season. I think it's going to be a good one. There seems to be something for everyone.

-I'm not a fan of Dawson and there was a lot of her here. The fans will be happy. I'd like to see them use other characters more.
-Severide's story seems to be a rehash with nothing but a different reason to have him off of truck. It's not original at all.
-Patterson is a douche.
-It looks like we have Severide's new love interest. I liked what I saw of her.
-Cruz continues to make me wonder "why is he here and Shay is not?"


Grade: B
    
Best Reason to Watch - The chief. He was everywhere/Casey and Dawson reunite and she tells him about the baby

Best Character - Chief Boden. He had little patience for BS in this episode.

Best Scene - Squad and Truck unblock the road in front of a burning building, by "any means necessary" and it was awesome.

Biggest Twist- Severide quits 51

2nd Twist - the very people who were blocking 51 from the fire at the crackhouse are now suing the city. Their reason?  51 had a slow response time because they are a poor neighborhood. Lets see how that goes. They could all be guilty of involuntary manslaughter for blocking emergency personnel.

Best Cameo - Chief Riddle, played by Supernatural alum, Fredric Lehne.

Best Reaction - Chief Boden is NOT impressed with the entry of our new candidate.

Worst Twist - Riddle stripped Severide of his rank

Most Welcome - Jimmy came to apologize for disrespecting the Chief and Firehouse 51 while his brother played it off as a hazing joke. Wrong answer older brother. The chief showed him the closed door and it was great. Jimmy showed a lot of character here. I think I'm going to like him.

Biggest Eye Roll - The intro of the new candidate, Jimmy. Played by TVD's Steve McQueen. Not at all his fault, his brother just made him look foolish.

Least Surprising - Upper management has yet another problem with Firehouse 51. I'm getting tired of those guys.

Most Awkward - I was embarrassed for Jimmy. Boden fired him in two minutes and that has to be a record.

Most Ridiculous -The new couple from Portland.

Worse scene - Sylvie and Chili perform CPR. No way would I ever believe watching this scene that either of them passed EMT training. Never.  I don't think I care what they have planned for these two this season.

Most Bizarre - The newly arrived couple from Portland.

Best Quotes:
-Patterson "I'd like you to remain with the company. Your reputation as a firefighter is not in question."    Severide "No, just my ability to lead"
-Herman - "And the moron of the year award goes to..."
-Boden -"Truck 81, Squad 3. Open up this street by any means necessary."
-Herman - "You happy now? Is that what you wanted? He was a human being. You people make me sick."
-Casey "I don't ever want to let you out of my life again." Dawson "I'm pregnant"
(Thank you for not dragging it out)







No comments:

Post a Comment