Friday, October 16, 2015

Sleepy Hollow 3.3 Blood and Fear

                                                Sleepy Hollow - 3.3 - Blood and Fear
                                                
       In this episode Ichabod and Abbie take on Jack the Ripper. Only he isn't anything like the Jack the Ripper of legend. It turns out Jack the Ripper has been in the world since the days of William the Conqueror, and it's not the man who is evil but a cursed weapon. We learn that he killed Ichabod's childhood friend. So Ichabod is familiar with him (of course) and now Pandora has brought him into Sleepy Hollow to do her bidding. At the end of the day, Abbie and Ichabod defeated him of course and they live on to fight the next evil she unleashes.
     Jenny and Joe were working together to find the shard that Randall stole from them, only to find he had lost it. It was stolen by a newly introduced character that I'm sure we'll see again.  Jenny being the badass that she is, figured it out.  She located the shard and the thief but was concerned to find the woman was a lot like her. The way she was trained, the items she hunted down. It led her to believe the other woman worked with August Corbin. It may have hurt her a little so I look forward to that story.  I am really enjoying Joe. He's got a calm about him that's good for Jenny.
     Pandora continues to be a favorite new character. She's evil but there is nothing overly dramatic about her. At times, I wish she was more animated. I also wish they'd get to the point about why she's in Sleepy Hollow and why now.  I'm sure it will get darker around mid-season break and I look forward to it.
     All together, this episode worked for me. There were great Abbie/Ichabod, Abbie/Jenny and Jenny/Joe moments that I love. There was action with a decent story behind it. I loved the way the flashbacks were filmed with Jack the Rippers story as the voice over. Actually, I loved the film look to the show this week.

Grade B

Favorite Scene -  End scene of Abbie and Ichabod. He's sick, she's by his "bedside." He wakes,they    share a nice scene and a fist bump. Camera pans to Pandora. She's creepily watching them and she's not happy. I really love how creepy she is.

Biggest Surprise - Ichabod injected himself with malaria and allowed himself to be stabbed by Jack, in order to kill him.
Most Badass - The Mills sisters are not to be played with. In one segment, Jenny is kicking in a motel room door. The next segment, Abbie is kicking in an apartment door.
Most Bizarre - Ichabod has a new friend who is too good to be true. I'm suspicious of her motives. She just shows up, several times, at odd moments. I'm keeping an eye on her. She has stalker written all over her.
Biggest NOPE. - Agent Reynold's asks Abbie out and she agrees.
Biggest NOPE 2 - Abbie hasn't told Jenny she found their father but she's looking at pics of him on her phone. Secrets never end well Abbie.
Least Surprising - Ichabod recognizes Jack's work right away. He had the materials to search him right away. Abbie was able to do a computer search on deaths from the William the Conqueror era. I love these guys so much, I over look this to accept the fast pace.
Best Moment - Ichabod decides to become a US citizen, Abbie supports him. 

Quotes -

Ichabod to Abbie - "I'm certain we shall uncover her plot and we shall foil it, we are after all, the witnesses." Fist Bump.

Ichabod - "I am most grateful, leftenant, that you and I have found one another. Once again."

Ichabod - "What brings you to this abyss of red tape and apathy?"

Randall - "Are you sure you're related to August Corbin?"    Joe "Hey. You know, I'm not the one handcuffed to a shower right now"







No comments:

Post a Comment