Saturday, October 10, 2015

Shade by Jamie Begley

I read a lot of complaints that this book was simply a rehash of The Last Rider series without a  lot of new material. I disagree. A lot of it is but this book is entirely  from Shade's POV and I loved every chapter. If you've read the series, you know Shade was instrumental in every story. We all wanted to know what he was thinking while he quietly worked behind the scenes to help his friends and to show his devotion to Lily. We get that here. This is it. This tells that story and more. This book is not the companion to Shade's Fall from Shades POV. It's Shades POV throughout the entire series. If you liked Shade at all during those books, you will love this one. Also, full disclosure: I like the men in this series and Killyama more than I like any of the heroine's. But it's a series to be read for pleasure, not to be taken seriously. There is no way I could put myself in their positions. I'm not made that way.

     I don't even know where to start with my love for this book. I have bookshelves full of old classics, literary favs, Johanna Lindsey's,  Sherrilyn Kenyon's, a Kindle full of Kristen Ashley, Jamie Begley and more. This book solidified Shade as a top ten hero, book boyfriend, anti-hero, lover, friend, badass, alpha. Whatever label you want to put on him, Shade is it.
     He was so heavily played in some of the other books and all we knew was he was a military hero and sniper with no emotion but his love for Lily.  According to Viper he was also a mean motherf*cker.  He ended up having the biggest heart of them all.
     Shades love for Lily was a beautiful thing but there were issues.
-I want someone to slap the mess out of Bliss. My least favorite character that we're supposed to like.
-I need more Lucky.
-The sex club is my least favorite part of these books because it seems the women all give in to easily. The guy says "wait, watch, you'll like it" and they just do. The sex between the couples is fine but not realistic at all. Some I skipped over, some I didn't. Shade was more realistic in his wait for Lily than the sexual scenes in any of the books.
     If you like easy, motorcycle club reads, this is a good series. Not the best, not my favorite but a few of my favorite characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment